« flowers | Main | princess »

le weekend

March 12, 2011

DSC00283.jpgTo Le Saint Martin, a bar in the little village of Brux last night, the chosen location for this month's 'girls night out.'

Last night there were over twenty of us in total, French, English and German (aka 'The French Connection' on Facebook.) It was an excellent evening, fuelled only by tonic water, in my case, as I was driving. Those lucky enough to have husbands/boyfriends willing to pick them up were having an even better time.

My friend Anita who I picked up en route was remarkably sanguine about the fact that the oil warning alarm bipped like an alarm clock all the way to Brux. Then back to her hamlet where her husband made us midnight cheese on toast and suggested it might be time to retire my trusty old Golf.

Tomorrow it is the Mad Hatter's Kitchen near Chaunay for lunch, which reminds me that I promised to post forthcoming events:

Friday March 25th
Music And Bistro Night: €18

Sunday April 3
A special Sunday lunch for Mother's Day €18

Saturday April 16
Traditional steak night - 3 courses with wine, €22

Saturday April 30th
Music and Bistro NIght, €18
With country and rock musician Steve Somers. (I can highly recommend this; the last one was excellent.).

The Mad Hatter's Kitchen, Le Logis, Le Breuillac, 79190 Caunay tel 0549276729 or email glynn.chubb79@orange.fr
Le Saint Martin, Brux. 86510; tel 05 49 53 62 84.

1. Posted by Lyst on March 12, 2011 10:29 PM

Was at Brux last night and wondered what was happening with all these lovely ladies arriving. We left as needed to eat, still wondering! Now we know!
You all really livened up the atmosphere. Hope you go back there soon!

2. Posted by mimi pompom on March 13, 2011 12:03 AM

Dear Lyst,

It's so funny that we frequent the same places on the same day/evening.

I really like the bar in Brux - it's such a lovely setting opposite the old church, especially in the summer. Do you know the name of it as I wanted to give address details on my blog but a google search revealed nothing.

And you must say hello next time!

all best

Karen

3. Posted by Lyst on March 13, 2011 4:27 PM

Hi again Karen, in answer to your question about "Bar Brux " as we locals call it, it's real name is Le Saint Martin. We didn't go to the Mad Hatters today as we were there last week and ate last night at La Foret Restaurant near Chaunay!
Hope that helps,
Cordialement Lyst

4. Posted by Abi on March 16, 2011 8:39 AM

Fabulous to see Le Saint Martin mentioned, the owners - Amanda, Dave & Elaine are very good friends of ours and we are regulars! They will be thrilled to see a mention in your blog, and I will send them a link to it. There's a Jazz Night coming up on the 31st March, which will be well worth a visit if you fancy it! Best wishes, Abi

5. Posted by Laurel on March 25, 2011 3:38 AM

Please continue to post events at the Mad Hatter's! As you know, I have made it my agenda to go there in July. Hmm, it is my MIL's birthday then. Perhaps we could take her there for a birthday meal.

6. Posted by Lisa Jackson on March 14, 2012 7:38 PM

WOW what a small world ! i have been to that bar a couple of times , my hubby used to work with Tony whpo was the patron a couple of years or so ago . Its a beautiful and tranquil village.