« les vacances | Main | bon marché »

home

September 19, 2009

Saturday evening and I'm at home, ostensibly A) working B) organising the tat in my attic for a vide grenier in Lizant tomorrow with Anita. In fact, I haven't done much of either but have secretly been watching Strictly Come Dancing (for the first time ever.) And I am so addicted.

Oh, the sequins, the lip gloss, the fake tan and the figure hugging costumes- and that's just the men - not to mention the wonderful Bruce Forsyth and the waspy judging panel. It's MARVELLOUS. But one thing is for sure: having clocked the chemistry between some of the dancing couples, I reckon you'd have to be bonkers to let your beloved take part in this.

1. Posted by aconfusedtakethatfan on September 20, 2009 4:37 PM

Yes, Strictly has become a fave in our household. Loved by my 2 and 5 year old girls, me and my 70+ mother-in-law. Several generations, not many programmes manage that these days. Just finished the book, which I started several weeks ago, but finished 3/4 of it this weekend, staying up until 1am to finish it last night. Loved it. Can't wait for the next installment. Will you ever do a piece for a homes mag so we can see the interior for real??

2. Posted by intothepossibility on September 21, 2009 1:01 PM

Yep, SCD is a big hit in our house too, much to Hubby on short fuse dismay. BUT also up there, I'm a recent convert to X Factor...now there's something I never thought I'd confess to on open airwaves, but the tears and drama, the hopes & dreams and the complete eccentricity of the Great British Public are a winning combination!

3. Posted by Silly Sally on September 21, 2009 1:30 PM

So you've missed the whole Arlene/Alesha debate!! Bring back Arlene I say. I cling to SCD as it's my only reality tv indulgence out here in Brussels.
It just gets better and better as relationships build and personalities develop - prepare yourself for a rollercoaster ride!

4. Posted by Tricia Jolin on September 22, 2009 1:06 PM

Hello there I have just finished reading Tout sweet after reading the article in the Sunday Times, the book is a joy to behold and impossible to put down once started. I have just purchased a house in France which needs complete renovation and I hope I have as much fun as you, I wait in hope of book no two.
with kind regards Tricia

5. Posted by Alex (in Bretagne) on October 2, 2009 8:54 PM

No, no, put down the sequins and step away from the fake tan, it will suck you in and before you know it you'll be watching It Takes Two on BBC2 at 7.30 our time every weekday night. I speak as an addict, give it up before it gets you.

6. Posted by tillymelinda on October 18, 2009 5:10 PM

Fake tan, lipstick, false eyelashes, the lot, extremely essential for the rollercoaster that is striclty. I must confess though Come dancing with the lovely Angela Ripon and Charles Nove(i think thats right) was on my favourite list. Oops thats my age up for scrutiny, my heart age is good so i'll be like Gloria Huniford and make my real age up.